Identify Concerns that must change (look to the future)
(Assign points to concerns from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. Better academic production throughout an economically disadvantaged campus.
2. Teaching strategies/curriculum that supports increased learner success.
3. A student population that puts forth effort to succeed academically.
Identify Affirmations that must be sustained (look to the present)
(Assign points to affirmations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important issues to consider.)
1. “Good News” cards for students who have been doing their work and are showing improvement academically.
2. Consequences for not turning in school work.
3. Rewards for students turning in their school work.
SMART Recommendations that must be implemented:
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely)
(Assign points to recommendations from 1 to 3 in the order of the most important recommendations to implement.)
1. Delphi Model must be implemented to sustain success on current teaching methodologies and to plan ahead for the future.
2. Curriculum must be thoroughly outlined, and rigorous enough to create an upper-level cognitive ability in students, along with enough resources for teachers to be successful in the classroom.
3. Implement a peer mentorship program where academically strong and out-going students mentor younger, weaker academically students.
EVALUATE – Specifically and Often
(Identify the best ways to evaluate the implemented recommendations.)
1. Look at statistical data provided by Eduphoria and their heat maps to see what TEKs students are struggling in and which ones they are excelling in.
2. Implement professional learning communities not only amongst subject centered groups but grade level groups as well.
3. Allow teachers to use surveys and feedback from students to see what has been successful and what strategies have been used that have been effective in creating greater learner success.